We are aware of 12 Zodiac Signs. Group of stars together form a Constellation.
Each Constellation is called as a Nakshatra. There are 27 constellation or Nakshatra.
Points to Remember:
- Each is sign is of 30 degree (Sign – Aries, Leo, etc)
- Each sign has 2 and half constellations (Or Nakshatra)
- So 30 degree (Sign) divided by 2 1/2 Constellation gives 13 degree and 20 minutes which is equal to 1 constellation.
- 30/2.5 = 13 degree 20 minutes
- Each constellation is further divided into 4 parts and each part of the constellation (Nakshatra) is called as Pada.
- Each Sign is 30 degree (Each Sign is made up of 2 and 1/2 Constellation)
- Each Constellation is 13 degree 20 minutes (Each Constellation is made up of 4 Pada)
- Each Pada within a constellation is 3 degree 20 minutes.